I already know pretty much everything there is to know. And so do you. Problem is, we don't take the time to "connect" with what we know. Instead, we get on Google, or we read a book, take a class, or call a friend. While these are all viable options to get the information we need, there is another option that most of us rarely use...the use of our own personal Internal Knowledge Source™, or IKS as I like to call it. This is the aspect of our Inner Voice that is connected to the All Knowing Source.
Some people refer to this All Knowing Source as God, Supreme Creator, etc. It doesn't matter what you call it. What matters for this conversation is the consideration that our Inner Voice is linked to this All Knowing Source through what might be considered an unbreakable bond. This bond cannot be severed. However, to have an awareness of this bond, and to access it for its unlimited source of information is a whole other thing, indeed!
Before we go on, allow me to clarify a couple of things. What I mean by Inner Voice, and I like to distinguish it from "inner voice" without the caps, is the voice within us that steps up to answer our questions from the context of oneness and love. When I speak about our "inner voice," I am referring to that voice in our head that is constantly chattering about all kinds of mundane things. That inner voice speaks to us from the context of ego. And it is judgmental, critical, and full of fear. We'll talk about the inner voice sometime down the road. For today, we are mostly looking at our Inner Voice.
When I work with my clients on the topic of looking within for all the answers to their burning questions, they usually have one major concern. That is, how to tell the difference between the "Inner" and the "inner" voices. What I always say is this..."If the answer you receive is in any way negative, fearful or doubtful, it is your ego speaking! Our Inner Voice is ALWAYS loving, compassionate and gives us answers that resonate positively and make sense.
The key to connecting with and tuning into our Inner Voice, is to ask our question and then shut up and listen! Okay, that's not all there is to it. Here are 5 steps to receiving information, any information from the wisest aspect of our Self:
1) Sit in a quiet place and with your eyes closed, take a few deep breaths into your heart. Imagine that you are sitting in the center of your heart and being present to the miracle of Supreme Life Force as it is pumped through your circulatory system. Smile in gratitude!
2) While maintaining this centered place in your heart, see the three divine flames; a cobalt blue flame, a pink flame and a purple flame. Allow yourself to be enveloped by these flames.
3) Imagine now a gold chord connecting your heartbeat to the Cosmic Heartbeat, which lies in the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. Then, imagine a silver chord connecting your heartbeat to Mother Earth's heartbeat in the center of our planet.
4) Ask your question from a place of trust. Ask it out loud, if you can. Ask it with an intention to receive the answer that is in your highest good and in the highest good of everyone connected with you.
5) Shut up and LISTEN!! See what is there. Hear what your Inner Voice has to say to you.
You only need a minute, that's it. You will receive a powerful answer in just 1 minute. That is all that is needed for your Inner Voice to guide you. If you allow for more than a minute, chances are your ego will pop in to join the party and then you will be quite confused. Time yourself and only allow for a minute. Once you practice these steps for a while, you will be able to do more than a minute because you will know how to easily recognize your Internal Knowledge Source™'s Inner Voice from your ego-centered inner voice.
How do I know all this? Because I asked, and then shut up for a minute!